Thursday, February 11, 2010

Potty training, learning our manners and catching up!

So I'm not as good at this blog stuff as I thought I would be! It's hard to keep up and update frequently! Well, here's what all you missed since I last posted! Reese is now 2 1/2 years old and quite the sweetheart. He's working hard on potty training and *almost* always tries to say "please" and "thank you". He always has to have his Pa take him to get his hair cut! No one else is allowed to! We have moved back to Spring Hill. I am so very glad we are back and I think Justin is adjusting well. This past year has been the hardest year I could ever imagine. My mom, who was the strongest and most caring person I knew past away after a hard battle with breast cancer. She fought very hard and never let anyone else know how hard it really was for her. She continued to go to work and keep up with all the activities she was so active in. This year has changed our lives forever, and is taking some time to adjust. I know God never gives you anything you can't handle and that everything happens for a reason but sometimes its hard to understand. She was the rock that held everything and everyone in place. So this past year we have working hard to pick up our crumbles and try to put everything back into place. It kinda gives me and mental picture in my head of how if something (like a piece of glass) breaks, you can pick up the pieces and glue it back together but somehow it doesnt exactly fit like it used to, it works but is somehow a little bit different. That's how life feels for me now. It fits and it works but its definitely a little different. Some how we all go on and carry a little piece of her with us in our hearts. Reese remembers her for now and I feel like its my job to always keep her alive in his heart. I want him to know just how much she loved him. We all know how much that was! :)If everyone would just please keep us in your prayers that we continue to have peace with this and the cracks get a little easier to fill.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Man..that was a sweet little blog Callie...and well a litte sad since tears are coming down my face. Much love!